This project has moved, please visit xlengine.com
This is a Development Roadmap for DaggerXL. Everything in here is subject to change, it is my current near and medium range plans. This roadmap will be adjusted as the project progresses. Note this list does not yet mention mod tools and support, where that fits in is still TOD. If you have any questions, comments or suggestions please see the forum topic.
Short/Medium term goals
Pre-Alpha, version 0.1(released)
- World Map Support for the Daggerfall region. Fully seamless world comprising all locations in the region.
- City and location support; note dungeons will not be available in this demo – other then Privateer’s Hold. [The locations will exist but you will not be able to enter].
- Temporary flat, single texture terrain.
- Exterior block objects, flats, buildings, foilage and lights. (Cities, towns, castles, graveyards, etc.)
- Working interior to exterior doors.
- Working interiors.
- Interior and exterior NPCs
- Time of day: includes lighting changes, proper window color, sky rendering, NPCs going in at night.
- Music and sound.
- Travel modes: horse and foot.
- Climbing support.
- Interior and exterior regional texturing.
- Simple quick-save. (Not the final save game solution).
- Extended feature: Extended view distance.
- Extended feature: Bloom
- Extended feature: Sky smoothing filter – designed to smooth out the dithering and gradients without affecting the intentional edges.
Pre-Alpha, version 0.3(in progress)
- Proper terrain support (no more flat plain with a single texture).
- Extended feature: Roads between cities, inns, temples and certain types of dungeons (areas that used to be important, such as castles). This includes faster horse travel on roads.
- Extended feature: More interesting terrain features, such as rolling hills, canyons, valleys, moutains, etc. The terrain will still use the Daggerfall textures, flats and polygon density.
- All regions supported.
- Proper dungeon support, all dungeons working.
- Proper random monster encounters inside and outside of dungeons.
- Proper loot tables implemented.
- Leveling implemented.
- Ranged attacks implemented (bows).
- Swimming support.
- First pass spell system implemention, including enemies.
- All the base enemies types implemented.
- All the weapon and armor types implemented.
- Proper map support (dungeon/interior, city, world).
- Resting support.
Pre-Alpha, version 0.5
- Character Creation System.
- Save game support.
- Working interior and exterior NPCs (basic dialogue, directions, etc.).
- Working shops.
- Working banks.
- Wagon support.
- Weather support (fog, rain, snow)
- Season support.
- Holiday/event support.
- Initial pass at reputation system.
Alpha, version 1.0
- Finish reputation & spell systems if any additional work is needed.
- First pass quest system with reputation support (do quests for royalty, shop keepers, etc.)
- Guild system with guild quests.
- Stealth system.
- Full use of skills and abilities.
- Item degradation and repair system.
- Ship support
- House support.
Alpha, version 2.0
- Finish quest system.
- Main quest support.
- Spell maker.
- Item maker.
- Potion maker.
- Daedra summoning.
- Artifact support and quests.
- Catch-all: any missing native Daggerfall features.
Beta, version 3.0
- Fix any issues experienced with the alphas.
- Polish and optimize.
- Begin extended game feature support, specifics to be decided. Below are some features that’ll probably make it into this build.
- Extended Feature: Sail your ship around the bay, need to dock near coastal cities (limited to-ship travel)
- … other features to make this build will be decided in the future.